What is a structural assessment?
Is this a mug shot?!
No, this is just what a structural assessment looks like with me.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A tad awkward to stand still while someone stares at you and writes notes about your body BUT it is incredibly helpful.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Through this process, I can assess structural imbalances and postural distortions. No judgements, just tidbits of evidence that direct my focus.
What does Structural Assessment reveal?
On the surface, these are photos of a beautiful and strong woman (me!), and I can also note the imbalances, which explain the discomfort I sometimes feel and the injuries I’ve sustained.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
For example, do you see how my left hip is elevated?
This explains why my left low back and right inner thigh are always tighter than the other side.
Then you can see how this one imbalance travels up through my spine and shoulders as my body compensates.
And this is just the beginning! These assessments give me SO many fascinating clues.
In my sessions, I will have you stand in four positions so I can assess your structure from different angles. And take notations, which are mostly just scribbles about what’s elevated, rotated, shifted, etc. and the degree.
Nothing definitive, they’re just clues that help guide my focused attention.
I then assess the body on the mat, noting things like:
- Tightened muscles
- Restricted fascia
- Adhesions in the tissue
- Restriction in range of motion
- Any pain or discomfort
- Restrictions in breathing
This all gives me a sense of what muscles and structures need attention.
Begin your healing journey today
Join me in a deeply healing journey to transform your pain. I'll begin by sharing three journal prompts to get you curious, present, and grounded. Healing begins within, allow me to invite you inward.
Transformational Bodywork Series
A holistic approach to bodywork focused on creating substantial and sustainable change in your body.
- No pain! Ditch the pokiness and discomfort of deep tissue – Bodywork should NOT hurt
- Get off the table – Bodywork is performed on a thick mat on the floor. This gives it a solid, rooted quality to it and gives a lot more room to move around.
- No lotions or oils – this allows for more focus on the fascia and allows for movement
- Clothed – you wear comfy clothes that will allow for movement and lengthening of muscles, and allows us to get into areas difficult to access without clothing
The result is a powerful experience that also feels subtle because I work with your body, rather than against it
What to Expect
Transformational Bodywork is a 12-week series focused on:
- Reconnecting with your body
- Restoring balance
- Releasing what is stuck
- Creating healing self-care habits
- 12 weekly 90-minute bodywork sessions
- Structural & Postural Assessments
- A set of cork therapy balls and a foam roller
- Learn powerful self-care techniques for caring for your body at home
- Video or email support between sessions through Marco Polo and/or email
Fusing Thai Massage with Structural Bodywork
East meets West with this unique fusion
A western-style treatment of soft tissue focused on:
- Fascial adhesions
- Postural imbalances
- Structural dysfunction
So how does Structural Bodywork fuse with Traditional Thai Massage?
Quite distinct on their own, the two fuse together beautifully.
The result is powerful for:
- Injury recovery and prevention
- Chronic and acute pain
- Decreasing inflammation
- Improving circulation
- Calming the central nervous system
- Relieving stress
- Restoring balance in the body